Careful Nursing has been developed from historical research of 19th-century Irish nursing. This background section provides an historical overview, recognition of this period of Irish nursing history, and its translation into a contemporary philosophy and professional practice model.
Home Page Credits
(1) ICU nurse with patient: Intensive Care Unit (ICU), aboard the MSC hospital ship USNS Comfort (T-AH 20). U.S. Navy photo by Journalist Seaman Erica Mater. (Released).
(2) Community Health Nurse, Iceland. Courtesy of Institute of Community Health Nursing, Dublin, Ireland.
(3) Image purchased from iStock.
(4) Pediatric nurse with young patient. Photo by John Abbot . Courtesy of NYU Langone Medical Center, New York.
(5) Community Health nurse examining patient in clinic, New Zealand. Courtesy of School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health, Victoria University of Wellington.
(6) Student nurses with Patient, Courtesy of School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health Systems, University College Dublin
Illustrated Strip Top of Page
Free-hand copy of an illustration by Mary Clare Augustine Moore of the Institute of Our lady of Mercy, Baggot Street, Dublin, circa 1830s.