Welcome to The Careful Nursing Philosophy and Professional Practice Model©
Careful Nursing is a contemporary interpretation of the nursing system developed by early to mid-19th century Irish nurses. At the Crimean war (1853-1856) some worked with and alongside Florence Nightingale who very much appreciated their contribution to her nursing endeavour, as well as the opportunity to learn more about nursing from them.
This website is designed to serve as a source of information and a means of communication about Careful Nursing as it is further developed, critically examined, used and tested. Over time more information and resources will become available.
Three principles underlie the philosophy:
- the nature and inherent dignity of the human person
- the existence of Infinite Transcendent Reality in life processes
- health as human flourishing
Professional practice is guided by four dimensions and their total of twenty concepts:
- the therapeutic milieu
- practice competence and excellence
- management of practice and influence in health systems
- professional authority
- 31May"Stillness stops" Making stillness truly a nursing value?
- For this blog we are back again with stillness.
- 30AprWhy stillness? What is stillness anyway?
- Nurses' practice of stillness for at least 5 minutes duri...
- 31MarKindness: What does it mean to be kind?
- Without doubt, human kindness is an issue of unending con...
- 28FebNursing Diagnosis and the Nurses' Strike
- Nurses do not go on strike unless they have been pushed t...
- 31JanSpread the Word! A Nursing Knowledge/NANDA-I Educational Visit to Ireland
- We are very happy to announce that from June 8 – 16...