Welcome to The Careful Nursing Philosophy and Professional Practice Model©
Careful Nursing is a contemporary interpretation of the nursing system developed by early to mid-19th century Irish nurses. At the Crimean war (1853-1856) some worked with and alongside Florence Nightingale who very much appreciated their contribution to her nursing endeavour, as well as the opportunity to learn more about nursing from them.
This website is designed to serve as a source of information and a means of communication about Careful Nursing as it is further developed, critically examined, used and tested. Over time more information and resources will become available.
Three principles underlie the philosophy:
- the nature and inherent dignity of the human person
- the existence of Infinite Transcendent Reality in life processes
- health as human flourishing
Professional practice is guided by four concepts and their dimensions;
- the therapeutic milieu
- practice competence and excellence
- management of practice and influence in health systems
- professional authority
- 31JanProfessional Power Walking: Using NANDA-I Nursing Diagnoses to Drive Nursing Practice
- Going from walking the walk to power walking the power wa...
- 30DecMeet the Careful Nursing Message Bug !
- There are bugs and there are bugs. There's "A Bug's Life"...
- 30NovCareful Nursing Philosophy and Demands of Clinical Practice
- This reflection concerns two misalignments which arise be...
- 31OctMeasurements, Metres, Metrics and Careful Nursing
- The science of measurement seems ever upon us and Careful...
- 30SepThe Stillness-Calmness Umbrella: Shade from the Heat of a Shift
- In the world of chemistry an increase in temperature ("ho...