Welcome to The Careful Nursing Philosophy and Professional Practice Model©
Careful Nursing is a contemporary interpretation of the nursing system developed by early to mid-19th century Irish nurses. At the Crimean war (1853-1856) some worked with and alongside Florence Nightingale who very much appreciated their contribution to her nursing endeavour, as well as the opportunity to learn more about nursing from them.
This website is designed to serve as a source of information and a means of communication about Careful Nursing as it is further developed, critically examined, used and tested. Over time more information and resources will become available.
Three principles underlie the philosophy:
- the nature and inherent dignity of the human person
- the existence of Infinite Transcendent Reality in life processes
- health as human flourishing
Professional practice is guided by four concepts and their dimensions;
- the therapeutic milieu
- practice competence and excellence
- management of practice and influence in health systems
- professional authority
- 30SepPatient Centred Care Using Careful Nursing
- We enjoy working with the Careful Nursing Philosophy and ...
- 31AugThe Buck Stops Where?
- In an article titled 'The crisis in caring: An evidence-b...
- 31JulGreat Tenderness in All Things
- The concept of great tenderness in all things is unique t...
- 30JunCareful Nursing as Nursing Values
- During this year the realisation has grown that Careful N...
- 31MayUsing the HUSH to Support the Therapeutic Milieu
- No, this blog is not about importing a Scottish rock band...