Welcome to The Careful Nursing Philosophy and Professional Practice Model©
Careful Nursing is a contemporary interpretation of the nursing system developed by early to mid-19th century Irish nurses. At the Crimean war (1853-1856) some worked with and alongside Florence Nightingale who very much appreciated their contribution to her nursing endeavour, and she also learned from them.
This website is designed to serve as a source of information and a means of communication about Careful Nursing as it is further developed, critically examined, used and tested. Over time more information and resources will become available.
Three principles underlie the philosophy:
- the nature and inherent dignity of the human person
- the existence of an infinite transcendent reality in life processes
- health as human flourishing
Professional practice is guided by four concepts and their dimensions;
- the therapeutic milieu
- practice competence and excellence
- management of practice and influence in health systems
- professional authority
- 31OctNo time! – Too busy!
- How often do we think or hear these words in a day's work
- 30SepCareful Nursing Therapeutic Milieu Presented in Croatia
- Hello – I'm Cathy Greene. My colleague Allison Sex...
- 31AugNews from New Zealand Nō Aotearoa tenei pānui
- Greetings, Kia ora, from New Zealand, Aotearoa
- 31JulImplementing Careful Nursing in a Hospital
- Implementing Careful Nursing in a Hospital So like us, m...
- 30JunWelcome to the First Careful Nursing Blog
- Hello and welcome to the first Careful Nursing Blog.