Welcome to The Careful Nursing Philosophy and Professional Practice Model©
Careful Nursing is a contemporary interpretation of the nursing system developed by early to mid-19th century Irish nurses. At the Crimean war (1853-1856) some worked with and alongside Florence Nightingale who very much appreciated their contribution to her nursing endeavour, and she also learned from them.
This website is designed to serve as a source of information and a means of communication about Careful Nursing as it is further developed, critically examined, used and tested. Over time more information and resources will become available.
Three principles underlie the philosophy:
- the nature and inherent dignity of the human person
- the existence of an infinite transcendent reality in life processes
- health as human flourishing
Professional practice is guided by four concepts and their dimensions;
- the therapeutic milieu
- practice competence and excellence
- management of practice and influence in health systems
- professional authority